ACN the truth

168 of 259 Acn Reviews
May 26, 2011
review #239750
Update added by user May 26, 2011

The company preaches residual income and it sounds great.Have someone show you how you get paid and ask them how much they are making.

Then ask them how much of that check is residual vs. signing bonuses or T- cabs. They will tell you it takes a while to build it up. I have over 60 reps with 270 points 7 months in the business.

I have not got one residual check to date because it needs to be more than $10.00 to print one. All the time and money it takes to do presentations and drive around to get people qualified and it is not easy believe me. If they drop out and or are no longer qualified then say good bye to those points because you don’t get credit or paid for them acn keeps them. Services that people sign up for are based on a point value.

Also the “third party publications” acn is featured in like success from home, a major sales toll are $5 a pop to help you promote your business. They feature acn on the cover so that all the reps will buy the magazines and they do.

Be prepared to provide 4-20 of those per presentation.I won’t be surprised at all to see them on the cover again real soon of a third party publication.

Original review posted by user May 26, 2011

After being involved with acn and buying into the honestly and family atmosphere I can no longer bring anyone into this business and or be involved.I was told by several high ranking people in acn in regards to the celebrity apprentice as part of the pitch, that leads were going to be generated from the show and distributed by zip code to active reps within that area.I signed up several people based on that pitch.

That did not happen and no good reason was provided as to why. The concept is great residual billing on essential services. It seems like a no brainier till you get involved. If you do get involved check everything you are being told because I found a great deal of the information to be inaccurate.

You do not want to put yourself in a bad position with friends, family and colleagues. I can tell you it is not a good place to be. Also there is a big rush to get "qualified" so you can "start making money" within 24 hours. This will cause you to order things you don't really need and will have to pay a hefty penalty to cancel.

I am over $250 in monthly recurring bills so I can "make money". The video phone is a $200 cancellation fee if you cancel within the first two years for example. People do make money doing this and if you don't care how you make money or that over 70% of the people you will be signing up will fail this could be for you. Be aware that this is "relationship marking" and you will be bringing in people you know and love.

Not saying that you can't build this morally but it will take lots of research and time.It will take 6 months to a year to build any real income, over $2,000 a month and the residual isn't the focus at all its t-cab bonuses aka bring in new reps.

9c81789
Had an experience with ACN?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
168 of 259 Acn Reviews
Noexcusesplease

Oct 03, 2013

Your story sounds sad. I don't know what you are doing with your business but you seem to be making some basic errors before giving up disillusioned.
There is a system in place and it works. Having said that, the only way you can get rich quickly is to win the lottery. ACN is a simple business that takes time to develop. It is recommended to begin part time. And when you buy 1/2 doz magazines, you don't give them away. You get them back to loan them to other people - the same with the DVD's. Irrespective of that, with the systems available today you can build a business over the internet.
As for the $250 recurring bills - look at those services you will use anyway. You don't HAVE to go out and buy a whole bunch of new things. People who know and respect you are more likely to help you. But hey, you can't win them all.
I can understand you have had a gut-full, but you really need to sit down with someone like George Zalucki and get some common sense pearls from him.
All the best.

1 1 Reply

Jul 27

No excuse please are you still in acn? How about you hero George Z and his common sense?

CHA0S_xoxox

Sep 13, 2013 Oakland, California

I too joined ACN for literally ONE month thinking this was an awesome easy side gig to help pay off bills I had, and to start saving to getting my own family started with my partner. WRONG.

You go into this with a "sponsor" to guide you in gaining customers, and then recruiting people to join. First you pay a fee of 400$ to join! (400$ to become an IBO - i'm already in debt, thanks for putting me MORE in debt by asking for 500$) After my signing up, I was motivated to get my ball rolling, and with the sponsor I had, I thought I would be rolling fast. I was FOOLED. I ended up leaving the company after a month. I had to do all the research myself on learning what your saving with using these same products you use every day thru ACN rather then thru regular providers. Let me tell you, it was A LOT! You have to be prepaid for every and anything.

However, before my leaving ACN, I did meet with a sponsor. He wanted me to bring more people into the company to boost myself up. Having me call any and everyone in my phone. Now, what he had me say consisted of A LOT of play on words.
I wasn't allowed to say "ACN" or "Meeting" .. just "Want to make an extra $$$ this month".. And I mean who wouldn't turn down making a few hundred bucks. After that, he made a comment about me getting costumers, which I hadn't, saying "It won't really affect you but it will affect me.." Right there I was sold. This is just for HIM to get higher - to get a bonce. I quite.

Tim Stott

Apr 05

Hi
I am in the UK and would love to have the opportunity to have the US opportunity. Signing up 5 customers and getting my energy bills free. That alone will pay off the cost of starting my business within Months. If you want to get rich quickly buy lottery tickets and see how much that costs you over 4-5 years !!! and keep a record of how much you win to how much you have paid out. Been doing the lottery for 20 years now and not won more than £75 in one go. You bought a business for $4-500 and you have stopped working on it within a month...Do not go to the bank with this information and ask for a loan to start a traditional business. I will not explain why !!!

Nick

Oct 09, 2012

Just came from a sales pitch. I asked: How does ACN circumvent AT&T and Direct TV, etc.to earn this "residual" income. I mean these guys don't need MLM to get their product to the consumer. He never answered my question but showed me some point system - redrew the pyramid and wrote $3,000 a month at the bottom and said "its that simple" I walked out.

Noexcusesplease

Oct 03, 2013

Hey Nick. Just in answer to your question. ACN doesn't circumvent anything. They are generally "onsellers". They just don't advertise and the savings made by not advertising are spent rewarding the people getting the customers and product development and research activities. The person you spoke to may not have been able to answer if he didn't know - everyone starts at the beginning and there is quite a bit of learning involved.
Check out the advertising budgets of companies on the net. I major car company I looked at recently spent over US$1.2 billion in 2012 on advertising.
If you just listen to the people who give up, you will give up too.
Do some real research and make an informed decision. Unfortunately just about anyone can publicly heap blame on things outside of themselves, when honestly, most people just give up because it does take consistent effort to cut through all the bull dust and carry on regardless.
I don't know how many people think Steve Jobs or Richard Branson were "lucky". They were just smart and understood the principles of leverage they had to apply and they worked their butts off.
Just look at facebook - how did that grow so big? World of mouth man.. just word of mouth.
And next time someone says something you don't know a whole lot about, instead of getting angry and trying to crucify the messenger on here, stop and consider what questions need answering, and where to get the answers.

3 0 Reply
Nick

Oct 09, 2012

bob the business man

Jun 03, 2012

I have a long history with mlm's and I can tell you they all *sound* good and should work in theory but in actuality they don't work. They won't work for you and they certainly won't work for your neighbor or friend. An mlm (multi-level marketing) is nothing but an illegal chain-letter that is revised just enough to make it legal.

I personally know a man who was once one of those "guys at the top" who once was making $32,000 a month in bonuses. Guess what? his army of super motivated super hard working I'll-do-whatever-it-takes-to-be-like-him people all quit after they finally realized after 10 years they couldn't make hardly any money. I mean these were very very hard working people giving up all hours of the day after their day job and all hours of their weekend to their mlm scheme. I was one of them too. Their whole lines of signed-up people all quit. Every one of them. All those hundreds and thousands of hours were for nothing. All those little things they had to "invest" into their business is now just lost money they could have saved and gotten a nice return from a mutual fund or something.

I've learned that things like this sound good and seem to work on paper but in real life it is nothing but a joke. If anything like this would work it would have to be in another country like Japan where the culture more accepts mlm's. But the United States is not a place that is friendly to this stuff. I'm speaking from a lot of experience here. This

the TRUTH nigga

Feb 13, 2012

This dude john keeps calling me and trys to bug me with his pitch i keep ignoring the man for weeks at a time , but then he calls me again a month later. I forget his number every time, so when he calls again i don't recognize it and i answer. I know about their "PITCING BUSINESS" reall good in fact i can tell you of another SCAM {point value, pyramid scam} its call USANA. look it up, its the same pitch with another big BUILDING on a magazine showing you rates chart and percentages that they get from god knows where.
You know how they say that rich people are *** and greedy with their money? Well people like MattR and USANA pitchers are worse because they run business's based on scamming people for their money. Also to mention that he is just doing this to do it. there really isnt any effort put in to paidonbillnow.com, its really untraceable and alot of the time hackers use these websites as a gate way. THANK YOU FOR READING and get smart

thebenthompson.acnibo.com

Dec 04, 2011

Your right it is a scam! USA today, wall street journal, success from home, success magazine, fortune mag, inc magazine, nbc, Donald Trump, 23 countries across 4 continents and their government's, and 65 other countries currentlty trying to deregulate! People like you are the only ones not in on this scam. I'm glad you leftt because that is just more money on the table for us. We are the worlds largest direct seller of telecommunications and home survives with partnerships with the biggest companies in the industry. This is not the lotto you have to work just like any business! Don't trash this because of your choice to stay average your whole life. I won't more than average and this is the best business in the world. And I cash checks every month and they keep getting bigger. I will replace my 16 yr carreers income in less than two years if there is something as good or better let me know. I promise you can't. I am 28 now and will quit my job by 30 and continue to work because its fun to make tons of money helping people make money and save money! You all are completely insane obviously by the comments you made. Good luck with your job ( Just.Over.Broke) and be okay with being poor ( Passing.Over.Opportunity.Repeatedly)! Love you ACN!!! Thank you Greg, Tony, Mike , and Robert for changing my life!!

former rep

Apr 30, 2013

I am vert curious to know if you are still and acn rep and how you are doing with this business?

Aug 28, 2013 Salt Lake City, Utah

ACN obviously provides an opportunity for people to make money if they join at the right time and are able to do the right things. However (and you would probably agree, but just wont tell people you are trying to sign up), most reps will make nothing, and might even lose money. Also, by looking further into the endorsements, Donald Trump says it is a good business model (and probably has money invested). Does that mean he is doing it? Donald Trump also isnt the most honest business man. As far as helping people, would you be "helping" them if it didnt make you money - my guess is not. It is silly to convey the message that this actually helps people. All it is doing is redistributing the wealth to ACN and you (the representative). I am in no way bashing it if you are one that has been able to make money off of it. However, lets not look past what it really is (a modified pyramid scheme). Don't you think it would be free to join if the whole goal was to just get customers and sell the services? Well it isnt, and neither are the conferences, and the yearly fees. That all goes to funding the business. It is somewhat misleading to try to justify the company by attaching these services, when the main goal is to get more people to join. The magazine articles are third party (try googling acn and those magazine names, you dont get much).

Another thing they do in meetings is demean your job. What would happen if you quit, someone is always your boss, etc. etc. I would

ACNREP

Sep 26, 2011

Interesting to read the mixed opinions about ACN. Basic truth is if you succeed you are for it, if you fail you are against it. I have been in ACN for around one year and in the last three months have earned a monthly check $15 to $36 to $65 to .... I figure if I do a little work every year within 5 years I will be over $4,000 a month income. Imagine what 10 years will look like.

Like any business there will be always hiccups and trials along the way but I have the long term vision. If you wish to be successful and know the truth abou ACN join our winning team, contact me on chrisbeckett@acnrep.com
With Electricity coming imagine getting paid on ACN Energy.

:grin

E.j.

Jul 19, 2011

I have been researching this "business" since someone close in my family has been taken by their brainwashing and manipulation. I don't fault A.C.N. Completely, it takes a certain kind if someone to fall fir theses schemes. That certain someone in my family is elderly, vulnerable, and on a VERY fixed income. He is now out 500.00 dollars (that you have to pay to buy into the joke). He is a sucker tired and true, I'll admit this, but he fell for the bull hook line and sinker. He could not afford that 500.00 and might as well handed it over to any common criminal. He couldn't begin to earn that back, even with working hard 40 hours a week. He knows now that he cannot take advantage of someone the way he was taken advantage of. The cycle of a pyramid is that you will NEVER reach the top, the pigs making money will never give that up. Only the BOTTOM of the pyramid changes, and that is all the suckers coming in, forking over there money to the guys on top, and than realising the whole thing is a joke. I had to laugh at one of the comments left on here, about being a slave to someone else., making THEM money. He was talking a out a "regular" job, the kind with a guaranteed pay check, benefits, vacation, bonuses, etc. Yes, that sounds rough! There is no "quick fix" (unless you are the thieves at the top of the pyramid). I work for myself, do very well financially, but have zero benefits. I also don't have to lie to people, harass them, steal their money, etc. This pyramid is like... Show more

burnt

Jun 21, 2011

I signed up for acn ready to make some money. My family would not even listen to me and of course I wouldn't push it. My biggest complaint is that this is a monopoly where ACN is trying to get everyone to sign up sevices under them, but then you have to deal with only ACN customer service which SUCKS. They told me today that you have to call to get your refund for the training packet. That's just how they do things she said. If you don't call and bug them to get a case number you will never get your refund, they will never just give it to you when they recieve it, that was 4 months ago. AND when I cancelled my phone service, it didn't cancel and I was charged again. When I called she said she would not apologize for a computer glitch and was very bitchy, it too 2 months to get that refund. In the end, the truth is that you have to have money to start, because this business will cost you...snacks and water at the presentations, gas, those endorsed magazines, pens...it's really just a bunch of people just trying to make thier money back. Oh and you have to hear the same brainwashing stuff over and over again. I was a sucker, and it cost me. The video phone is useless without an ACN connection as well, you can't even use it for a regular phone unless your paying ACN with all thier crappy customer service.

The Facts

Jun 20, 2011

The original message is funny; it is so obvious why you are not making money! First of all if you have 60 reps with 270 points the only way that you are not making a residual is if you yourself have not done what they have told you in every single presentation!!!! Get your 40 personal points if you want to be paid on your organizations efforts! Let me do some simple math for you…..you are a rep so you know most service are 2 points. So your team has 135 service right? Let’s be conservative and say the average monthly bill for each of these services is $40. Worst case….you completely misunderstood everything you heard and put all these people on your 1st level where you make only ¼% on them…….you would still be getting a RESIDUAL check for $13.5 every month (135 x $40 x .25%= $13.5). WOW! So bottom line you are complaining that you are not making money when you have not done the first thing they tell you to do to make money! GO GET YOUR SERVICES IF YOU WANT TO MAKE RESIDUAL. Or better yet stick to your day job and make your boss rich!!!! I have a small team of 150 people, I have 52 points, no big accounts and my monthly residual is 40 times that amount. Yes this is RESIDUAL! Do not mislead and you will do well, this is an option for some people, but not everyone will have success. Just like in traditional business.

call me code

Nov 14, 2013

in short still MLM

Copper

Jun 16, 2011

No one should use the term "earn" to refer to "residual income." Residual income is income you get without actually earning it. That doesn't mean it's "wrong" but let's be honest here.

cable

Jun 16, 2011

With a modest investment, people have the opportunity to earn residual commissions from essential services. What is not to be liked? Its not perfect, but nothing in the world is perfect. Reps can truly create income without recruiting. Just 25 new customers = 10% commissions. MONTHLY!

Residual income is Sweet!

1-20 of 27 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about ACN.
Filing a new complaint about
×