Montreal, Quebec

I purchased an ACN digital phone back in November 2008 and was told I would be out of a phone for a day or two meaning no phone and no internet I was out of a phone for two weeks To contact service department was horrible I had to wait sometimes about 2 to 3 hours When I finally got hooked up the phone was choppy and no one could hear well I have family in Victoria and Golden,BC and I could not hook up with them if they were using ACN because no service out that way I also purchased two wireless for my home but when I received a call and wanted my husband to take the phone downstairs it could not be done because their technology was not programmed for that. When you called for help every person you spoke could not answer your question either new on the job or whatever then they would transfer you and your put on hold again for another hour or two I canceled the service in December 2008 and to go through that was another BIG HASSLE They said I would have to pay another $200.00 for canceling ahead of time. This week I received my credit card statement and they just passed two charges totaling about $500.00 Again I tried to call them but when I call customer service it asks me for my phone number that I am being charged for and when I give it it says YOUR NUMBER IS NOT IN OUR SYSTEM please enter the correct number NIGHTMARE CONTINUES.....

Product or Service Mentioned: Acn Phone Service.

Comments

Horrible internet, always drops the connection multiple times a day, I've had enough, so irriatated with their service! I miss Rogers.

I would be interested in buying your phone if you dont want it. It is the older model so I would not pay alot since i can get the new fancy one for 179.00 - but, I would be happy to add an additional phone in another room.

sorry I see ACN as a big problem, to many people have customer service problems, and I see trouble trouble, broke people spending money they don't have not investing it, Sorry it is a scam scam scam!

It's not about positive thinking, or negative sites like this, or negative people, or prosaic sayings and anologies. It comes down to the ACN opportunity itself.

Let's face it, they sell a glitchy and expensive videophone in a world with free skype and camera iphones. They pitch energy services to people in states who can't even buy it because it's not offered there. They are modeled after a pyramid, in their recruiting and their commission payouts. Their customer services is renowned for being awful.

They are documented to produce a 90+ % fail rate. Those are the FACTS.

So, the negative commments about ACN? Where do you think those came from?

Meanspirited people just looking for something to rant about? I don't think so. It's from the people who know first hand how bad of scam ACN is, like me. Those who were lied to and lost money.

That is the real ACN. That is the scam.

Spare us the quotes and quips that ACN tells you to spew to people at the meetings. We know the truth about this scam.

ACNtruth.com is a miss leading website that was created by Eric and Hugh to get people to think poorly of ACN because they was diactivated for being unethical. They created a tactic to diss ACN so you can watch their video on youtube which has a link called www.lookingfor6leaders.com and the link sends you to unlimitedprofit.com that will have you resell CD's about making money.

It's just a CD about reselling the CD on making money. It's no real product.

ACNtruth.com was created as a tactic to bet people to join their business to resell CD's on selling CD's. So be aware of the people that talk you out of doing ACN and send you to ACNtruth.com because the motive is to get you take hate ACN so much that you join their business in selling CD's which is no real product.

My big question about this site is why do people come to this site to look for negative things about companies? I mean come on people.

No one is perfect same with any companies. Every person has it's good and bad moments just like any business does. If you read all the comments on pissed consumer.com and rip off report.com and judge that experiance on them comments. Than you would never leave the house to go shop anywhere or work anywhere, you would let people talk you out of living your life.This site stinks of ***.

Have you ever had any bad comments said about you in your life? Some of it may be true we can agree. But most of it was a garbage as a sewer underground. Many where lies and such.

So lets make a deal to always seek out the positives and what can back up them positives.

Lets stay away from sites like these that are full of ***. You and I both know that this site is full of ***.

@ Roger You know why most people are not successful in life? They worry about what people think of them.

Dan Hardy the pubisher of success magazine interviewed many success fool people. And this is the what most of the had to go through. Especialy in Network Marketing. first, they laugh at you, they call you a fool, you look like a fool, then you become successful then they call you lucky.

Most people are like 70% negative. they will always laugh at you when you trying to reach a level above them. But once you become successful they won\'t laugh any more. Matter of fact you can laugh at them for having to go to work making their job getting thier CEO rich and being a sheep at the work place.

When it come to success people are like crabs. They are so ready to knock you down, hurt you and even kill you so you don\'t become one of th 5% of the people living financially free because they are chicken them selves. It\'s funny how negativity from our peers can prevent us from having finanical freedom. They won\'t pay your bills and take care of your family.

So why even listen to them. Negative people is the big reason why 95% of the world is liviving pay check to paycheck and they ones they went through the negative people with a bullet proof mind set became successful. the people are the bill gates, carlos, slim,mark zuckberger and the many millions of people that got rich from doing Network Marketing. There are millions of people that are millioaires in this whole \"Pyramid Sceme\" thing that they call it.

That started off like you with people laughing at them. If network Marketing didn\'t work how come, nurses, school teachers, house moms, janitors, and high school drop outs became millioaires?

It was not easy for the but they stuck with it and didn\'t care about the negative people. At the end they got the last laugh.

Everyone that think ACN is a bad company try googling the company you work for or had work for. I\'m sure you will read all kinds of negative complaints about that job.

But for a job that will get you no where in life but to work til you are 65 or get fired on the spot with out any warning. You people would be gladly to work there. But in an industry like Network Marketing that created many millionaires(they worked hard to become one) You guys *** on it and talk down on it. But you know what, you lose in the end because at a job you are getting your CEO richer and richer while he/she pays you chump change.

And relaxing at home with his/her family having vactions driving his BMW living his life with no regrets. But this is most people future.

They rather work at a job to help the CEO cash his 15 million dollar a year checks while you make $7.50/hr for a living. The real person that is getting scam is you.

Most people will call ACN a scam because they are lazy to work their business. ACN is like taking a piano class.

Some will catch on fast but for many it will take time to get great results if you don't quit. I don't know what's wrong with people saying it's a scam.

I think those are the ones that are use to getting paid at a job with out doing much or any work at all. If you want to earn without doing the work than maybe a job is right for you.

Yankeefan41, the reason they turn the music up after the presentation is the same reason they disable public comments on their youtube videos. They want to present the information in a one-sided format and do not want anyone to question what they say or point out thier flaws.

It's the same as silencing your opposition. Just one of many subversive tactics the sleezy ACN people resort to in order to *** people into joining.

These people do not have souls! TURN

THE MUSIC UP LOUD AFTER PRESENTATION TO AVOID QUESTIONS!!

3 hours on customer service, idiots lying to

Desperate people.stay away from these

***

Roger, do you ever go into your place of employment and ask someone what their salary is? The anonymity of the internet emboldens people, I guess.

That being said, how do you KNOW that I don't know anyone who is earning large residual checks? You don't know a thing about me! I am not going to get specific, but let’s just say that I was able to leave a 6-figure corporate job over 15 years ago to work my ACN business full time because we were making 8 times more with ACN than I was at my corporate career. I have been compensated greatly all these years by ACN for my effort.

My ACN income, today, far exceeds what we were making back then. Many leaders on my team have reached the highest positions in the company. People are making good money with ACN. I was merely trying to point out that some of us are successful and have great experiences as ACN representatives and customers.

You obviously did not. Why would you try to sway people against getting involved with ACN based on your experience? That is unfortunate and I am sorry you didn't stick with it.

I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Take care.

"Choices wrote: Roger, you stated it yourself, ACN is not for everyone. It sounds like you were cursed with an ineffective mentor and an overall unfortunate situation. The fact that your mentor couldn’t figure out the video phone is a huge warning sign. I am sorry this happened to you. Your ACN experience is the exact opposite of mine..."

Honestly, I don't think my mentor was any more or less effective than any others I saw. He was an experienced salesman and businessman. The only thing unfortunate about the situation was that it involved ACN and one of it's unscrupulous reps. And it wasn't that my mentor couldn't "figure out" the video phone. It simply doesn't work right! How do you explain dialing one number and it going through fine, then dialing another and getting errors?--when both numbers are valid and work on every other phone in the world? I work in tech support and I can follow basic instructions and troubleshoot technical problems. The problem here was bad equipment sold by ACN, not user error.

Also, you said your experience was the opposite of mine. Meaning you made a bunch of money (since I LOST a bunch of money). You also claim you got people involved who made money too. Could you tell me how much money the people you got involved actually made--ballpark figure? Also, please deduct from what they had to pay out to join ACN, to cover monthly service fees, travel expenses, weekly meeting fees, quarterly meeting fees, annual meeting fees, marketing material costs, and any other misc. expenses they paid in order to be involved with ACN. Let me know how much they made NET from after all their expenses are deducted from their bonus checks. And I know that NO BODY you know is getting any residual checks of any real value, because only the top performers get those, and they take years accumulate. So yea, let me know how much all you guys have netted from ACN since your experience was so dramatically different and profitable than was mine.

Your ACN experience is the exact opposite of mine. I had a wonderful mentor who taught me how to work the business effectively and how to help customers save money.

A lot of these customers ended up becoming ACN Representatives themselves because they believed in the products and services. Some of them succeeded and some did not, but that is how the business world works. I applaud you for your effort; It sounds like you gave it an honest attempt.

Sometimes these things don’t work out. Good luck with your future endeavors.

I'll tell my ACN story without intentionally making ACN look bad, just so you can judge for yourself what it is like to be involved with this organization. In early 2010 I was recruited by a family friend whom I respected. He had just joined through another man that was a friend of his, whom then became my "upline mentor." He had been independently wealthy, but not because of ACN. In fact, he hadn't profited yet from ACN in the year he had been in it. From what I gathered his previous business was no longer profitable so he turned to multilevel marketing business opportunities. He told me that he and his wife had unsuccessfully sold healthfood chocolates through a multi level company, and had now switched to ACN which they thought was better.

I had been told by my friend to show up to this guy's place to look at some cars. But after some verbal probing, my friend admitted that this was just a rouse to get me to sit in on an ACN prospects meeting. Out of respect for my friend, I attended. There were about 6 people who showed up to the "personal business reception" (meeting) I was at. Nobody was even remotely interested in the proposal besides me, eventhough I personally thought it was an interesting business opportunity. I didn't sign up right away and went to some more formal meetings before signing up. I was pressured to sign up before the end of the month based on the "promotion" they were running. Turns out, they have a promotion every month and just use that as a tactic to pressure recruits into signing up. They apparently want you to feel like time is running out so that you have to join now!

I signed up anyway and got qualified by purchasing a video phone under a two year contract and the $30/month "business assistant" and a new cell phone. The video phone didn't really work very well and couldn't dial basic phone numbers, so I couldn't use it, eventhough I was locked in paying an additional $40/month for two years! My mentor tried to get it to work and he couldn't fix it either. That made me lose confidence in ACN's so called "flagship product" the videophone. It simply didn't work. How was I going to expect people to use this in place of their current home phone if it doesn't even work? Never got the answer to that.

Next came the nuts and bolts of being an ACN rep--recruiting. At this point I was told to draw up a list of everyone I know and call them and invite them to my house for weekly recruitment meetings. I told my mentor even before signing up that I didn't know many people because my family doesn't live in this state and I haven't lived here very long, and that I was concerned I wouldn't be successful in ACN as a result. He said not to worry because I know more people than I think (so he said). This is where things started to go downhill. I was only able to get a few people to show up to meetings, and half of them were confused as to why they were even there. Nobody in any meetings showed even a remote interest. My mentor and his wife put a lot of effort into helping me with this, but they succeeded only in alienating the people I knew. He'd tell me to give him their number so he could call them, and I advised him that probably wouldn't work based on what I knew about the people in question. He said he knew what he was doing and told me to follow the "system" and never judge people ahead of time based on whether I think ACN would be right for them. He tried calling a few people and they were annoyed by his approach and told him to leave them alone.

I continued to be positive and was not deterred by initial failure. I continued going to the weekend meetings and was discretely talking to people at my day job about ACN trying to get them to meetings. My coworkers quickly caught on to what I was doing and began making fun of me at work about my involvment in this "pyramid scheme". It got so bad that even after I stopped talking about it, they continued to make fun of me about it, creating awkward and innappropriate situations for me at my work. I told my mentor this and he told me I need to find a new job. I guess he didn't realize this was my livlihood and I couldn't just up and quit. Once he realized that most people I knew were broke and didn't have any extra money to spend on ACN, he said, "No more broke people." I didn't really know what to do about that because I only know who I know, which I told him that from the beginning.

While this was going on, my mentor was still actively recruiting others in addition to me. One guy he signed up at the same time as me, but that man decided to get his money back a couple days later. The only other person the guy who sponsored me brought to a meeting was his friend who was such a severe alcoholic that he had to leave the meeting early to go get a beer. My sponsor then stopped participating in ACN altogether after that. But I still held strong, not giving up and stayed positive as my mentor kept telling me to do.

There was one prospective recruit that I was hoping to get signed up under me. She was very open to it at first, but apparently read about it online and determined it was a scam. She then got frustrated the next time I called her and told me to stop hassling her or she would report me. This woman was my own mother.

My roommate made fun of me from the beginning, and even tried to belittle me during some of my meetings to embarrass me in front of my guests and mentor. I began to think the people I knew were just mean-spirited, but then I realized this was just how people naturally reacted to multi-level marketing and what they viewed as pyramid schemes--and they are highly sceptical, negative, and unhelpful as a result. Everyone who was in ACN that I talked to, even my mentor, told stories about how people they knew had done the same things to them. It's something everyone has to deal with in this business apparently.

I had tried to improvise and do things that I felt would optimize my chances of recruiting people, but invariably whatever I did my mentor told me was wrong. Even when he did it his way and the outcome was worse. He kept saying to trust the system, which I continued to do to no avail. When I watched him present to my recruits it was like watching a robot with a plastic smile. It was the same formulated sales pitch over and over and to be honest it felt like a sales pitch from a sleezy car salesman. He'd spend 90 minutes on something that should only take 30 minutes and the people would be squirming in their chairs while eying the door just waiting for him to stop talking so they could leave. Meanwhile he would be continually be going over mundane details pointing to figures on a small sheet of paper that no one could really read clearly from the distance they were seated. It was just plain awkward in my opinion.

My last hope was to get my girlfriend to sign up under me. She had a big family and a lot of business contacts which would have been a great asset with a lot of potential. Unfortunately she was convinced by her friends and family not to join, and we broke up soon after. When finally the people I thought I could count on most to join didn't, I became incredibly frustrated and disheartened and was tired of wasting all this time just to lose more and more money. I had my mentor telling me one thing and everyone else telling me another, and I was trapped in the middle and forced to absorb the strain from both ends. I think my mentor caught on once he realized that even my own girlfriend wasn't joining, and he stopped contacting me. Probably as much cutting his losses as it was him realizing I was done with him and ACN.

I did ACN for about two months actively. During this time I was pressured by my mentor and his wife to go to weekly and quarterly meetings. The weekly meetings became pointless once I was no longer able to get even one person to go with me. The quarterly meetings were huge seminars held in other states that cost $150 to attend, plus transportation and hotel. Even attending one of those meetings would cost me as much as it did to join ACN! And they wanted me to attend 4 of these per year! Fortunately I didn't waste any more of my money by trying to attend these meetings, but my mentors always attended. I can only imagine how much money they spent on those things. That explains why they were so committed, and quite frankly, desperate, to make this business work. It's pretty transparent and sad once you see it for what it is and realize what is actually going on inside these people's heads.

When I joined initially I was under the impression that this would be part time and not cost an arm and a leg. It became clear as soon as I joined that this was a business of desperate people doing anything and everything they can to make this work, including not setting the correct expectations and using outright deception. I remember finding out about the $150 annual fee after investigating ACN online, and I told my sponsor about it in front of my mentor. My sponsor was shocked and said to my mentor, "You didn't tell me about that fee!" The truth is they never tell you about it because why would you join with all these extra fees? The fees are almost unending: $499 sign up+ $150 annual fee + $40/month video phone + $30/ month website membership + 4 expensive seminars a year + the cost of marketing materials + the cost to attend weekly meetings and paying for your guests entrance fees, etc. And if you want to just cancel, cut your losses, and get out...you guessed it...another fee of $200 for early cancellation. At least I know now how ACN is able to stay afloat. They charge for everything!

Now imagine them being honest and telling you before you join about what you ACTUALLY would have to pay and what you can ACTUALLY expect? But of course they don't tell you about any of that because NOBODY WOULD JOIN if they told the truth about their business. So they resort to typical unethical sales tactics and do little more than paint you a mental picture of a pie in the sky that is waiting for you if only you would just "stay positive" and keep feeding money and time into this system.

Looking back on it, I think ACN is one of those businesses that you are either too smart or too dumb to get involved in. Too smart, in that you will not join because you will see up front how difficult it is to be successful. Too dumb, because you will not join because you think everything is a scam and don't really understand a complex business model. But either way, most people won't join. And those that do join are now left to contend with all the people who will not join for the reasons stated above.

I knew that there was no guarantee that I would make money in ACN, and I was prepared to lose all the money I put in, and I did. The business model still makes sense to me on paper, but unfortunately this is a people business, and people are notoriously difficult to deal with when it comes to this sort of business. I realize now that there are some people who should NEVER join ACN because it is not right for them. You need to know a lot of people (preferably with money), and you need to be very socialable and a good salesman. It's unfortunate that the only qualifications to become an ACN rep are a heartbeat and a credit card, because so many people like myself continue to be lied to, manipulated, and then tossed to the side. Then to add insult to injury, they are told they failed because they gave up and were just too negative. But with all that is stacked against you when you join, most people would give up, otherwise continue to lose more and more time and money.

I am fortunate because I was able to absorb this financial loss and move on. I never signed even one person up, so I didn't have anyone upset at me after they lost their money like I did. My mentor, based on what he told me, had a long list of people he got to sign up but whom never made any money. And by "never made money" I mean LOST their money. What's odd about that is he really didn't make much money off of them, so he really just wasted his own time. Like most multi-level businesses, most of the money he brought in went to those way above him in his upline. I recall one of the first meetings I attended where my sponsor showed up in his fancy sportscar and had got not one, but TWO speeding tickets on the way in. That's a few hundred dollars in fines right there. Then when I was at his house a few weeks later, a process server showed up and gave his wife three more photo radar tickets he'd accumulated. This guy was clearly leaking money like a siv due to his own personal indescretions. I drew the conclusion that someone who is that financially reckless would probably do anything to make that money back, even if his business practices are just as reckless. Now this guy was just one ACN rep, but he was the one I ended up with. I'm sure other ACN reps have had better and worse experiences with their mentors.

It's now a year after I joined ACN and I've not heard back from my mentor since we initially stopped contacting each other. I am still trying to find a way out of the $40/month video phone service and I'll probably have to pay $200 to cancel early. So a year later and I am continuing to be drained of my money due to ACN. But hopefully I will soon be done with ACN entirely and can move on wtih my life.

Please note that I have been 100 percent honest about all this. Clearly I do not like ACN, but I didn't have to call it names and be beligerant toward the company or my sponsor. I figured if I put my honest and accurate account of my experience then people can read this and judge ACN for what it really is, rather than being influenced by a bunch of negative rhetoric.

Deanna, I just want to highlight a few points that you have made. Potential ACN representatives should never sign anything without being 100% sure that they want to invest in the opportunity.

Each independent ACN team is different, so make sure that you find a good fit where you can thrive. It is certainly a risk because not everyone is successful. If you work hard and give it time, you can make good money. I have been pleased with the results I have seen.

It is possible to make it work if you are willing to put forth the effort.

With regard to the Customer Support issues that you are having, make sure you are contacting the correct department.

Check out the company’s product website (myacn.com) to find the right contact information. They have all of the appropriate numbers to reach exactly who you need in the “contact us” section.

The customer service is practically ALL AUTOMATED, so reaching a representative can be a huge barrier when the menu does not mention customer service.

Meetings are $10.00 a week. I was not told that, and they strongly suggest you come, but they don't teach you about the services or how to log into the computer to sign anyone up. If you're new, they also use a lot of abbreviations that are not spelled out, which I find strange. Why would you assume someone new would know your company's internal lingo?

I also switched over services and was told I had to go with products that required a contract, even though I didn't want any contracts.

My personal suggestion: DON'T LET ANYONE TALK YOU INTO SIGNING ANYTHING. You must be proactive for your own interests. Read the contract through carefully before making your own decision as to the company will work for you in you current situation.

And finally, ask if the services come with a hefty cancellation fee? If you can afford it, you're good to go. If you can't, don't sign.

I know of people who have done very well in the company. It depends on how many people a person knows and most have been business owners or in corporate positions who meet a lot of people and have great contacts. If you don't know enough people . . . come up with a plan to increase your exposure so you can succeed. Best of luck. :roll

Hi everyone. Add GROCERY to your ACN business.

GET PAY EVERY TIME PEOPLE BUY GROCERY.

Buy from your own website or you can choose to buy it at your local Walmart or Sam's Club.

Either way you will GET PAY!

Info at: groceryriches@yahoo.com

THEY ARE THE WORST

SkwaredSam, we would like to try to help with your issue. Early termination of your 2 year contract with ACN Digital Phone Service with Video Phone is $199.99 and is prorated $5 for each month you keep your service.

After you fulfill the 2 year agreement you may cancel at any time without incurring any fees.

We would suggest calling Customer Service once more and asking specifically for instructions on how to cancel your service after the contract ends to avoid any fees or further monthly automatic billing. Also, to be clear for other readers, an ACN representative is not required to purchase any services at any time.

ACN Reviews