Washington, District Of Columbia
1.1K views

I was just pitched ACN by a good friend who seemed to be brainwashed. He is a great salesman, intelligent and thoughtful. Unfortunately, his pitch degraded into a berating of my job, ambitions, income and foresight. Not cool. Please do not get sucked into this and suffer a loss of friends.

My experience with MLM schemes are always the same. I listen carefully to the idea. I calmly explain (if possible) that the idea is not new. I then listen to the objection rebuttal. I do my research, looking for pros and cons. My decisions thus far have been to avoid paying or acting to involve myself at all.

Any MLM I have approached or have been approached by has been a losing proposition for anybody I know. Friends who have pressured me have gone away in embarrassment or apologized for their actions.

Comments

For all you folks considering joining ACN, please dont do it. At the least, you stand to lose $500, at the most, your friends, family, your job and all your savings. The average person in montana who joined ACN as an IBO lost $15000.

A few days ago, I was suckered into attending an ACN meeting and narrowly escaped with my $500 still intact. The "businees opportunity" is quite simple and enticing when you look at it from afar. But on closer examination, it's quite obvious that this is just another type of MLM pyramid scheme similar to the likes of Amway and Quixtar.

You, the IBO, are the customer. The product they are selling is quite simply the $500 sign-up fee, the $150 annual fee, the $40 monthly fee and the fees your pay for all those conferences. You are bringing other IBO's (customers) in who will also pay most, if not all of those same fees. None of you will make money enough to even break even.

In Canada, ACN is required to disclose the “average” income of ACN sales reps. The ACN Canadian website reports the average of just the “active” reps to be only $9 a week. That’s exponentially less than the cost of joining and actively participating.

You have been warned. If you have an intelligence whatsoever, please read other reports on ripoffreport and even a simple google search for the company's financials will give you all you need to make an informed decision.

@Pete

15000 dollars wow!!! That does not sound right.

Sounds like your pulling my legs.

They're desperate that they do anything to get your mostly 500 dollars? 500 dollars is nothing especially nowadays.

The reason everyone's not a millionaire is becauseof how skeptic people are like most people here. Youwould rather go and be held hostage everyday and clock in and clock out and let someone else tell you what you are worth versus...working even harder for yourself and creating your own self worth...WOW...this is why only 10% have all thewealthbecause of negative people...

www.ilonaslegacy.acnibo.com STOP Complaining and making excuses and work for yourself...but no let's continue to be afraid to step out and believe in your own capabilities so you have to hang on to someone elses dream......

ACN DEFINETELY WORKS. I DO NOT CARE WHAT THESE PEOPLE SAY ABOUT.

EVERY SUCCESSFUL COMPANY GETS BUNCH OF PEOPLE WHO WILL SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT. I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH ACN LAST 8 WEEKS. I MADE MY INVESTMENT BACK 3 TIMES. IF YOU DO NOT WORK AND FOLLOW THE SYSTEM, YOU ARE NOT MAKE ANY MONEY, HONEY.

SO DON'T BE LAZY AND WORK TO GET MORE PEOPLE AND CUSTOMER. NOT ALL STATES ARE DEREGULATED WITH THE ENERGY, SO ACT NOT AND GET YOUR SPOT...

HeardTheBullet

ACN reps are trained to use psychological techniques to manipulate their prospective customers. Fortunately, the techniques they use are so primitive and bumbling that it is immediately apparent that they are trying to trick you.

#381948

You broke minded people! ACN works!

It's not a get rich quick scam. You have to work to get what you want. Stop tripping because you did not work hard and long enough to receive your break through in ACN.

It really does work! And if you are worried about losing $499, you REALLY do need this business!!!

Websites like these are meant to make money not to handle complaints. Bad news sells and what a great place to get bad news geerated than a consumer complaint website.

These sites are a joke and make money on advertisement dollars. Look at your screen and you will see advertisement!

ACNtruth.com is a miss leading website that was created by Eric and Hugh to get people to think poorly of ACN because they was diactivated for being unethical. They created a tactic to diss ACN so you can watch their video on youtube which has a link called www.lookingfor6leaders.com and the link sends you to unlimitedprofit.com that will have you resell CD's about making money.

It's just a CD about reselling the CD on making money. It's no real product.

ACNtruth.com was created as a tactic to bet people to join their business to resell CD's on selling CD's. So be aware of the people that talk you out of doing ACN and send you to ACNtruth.com because the motive is to get you take hate ACN so much that you join their business in selling CD's which is no real product.

Never let these dumb broke minded people talk you out of something that will make you finanially fee. They don't care about you.

They just want to keep as many people down like them. These people would say just about anything to keep you away because they are either lazy or got deactivated for breaking an ACN rule and spread rumers and many lies. ACN is a great company and if you work your business and stay away from these crapy broke minded people comments you will be very successful.

My advice is never take advice from people that don't have the life style you want. Ask the question do they really have my best intrest in helping be successful or they just some broke mined person that wants nothing out of life but to screw over people dreams.

My big question about this site is why do people come to this site to look for negative things about companies? I mean come on people.

No one is perfect same with any companies. Every person has it's good and bad moments just like any business does. If you read all the comments on pissed consumer.com and rip off report.com and judge that experiance on them comments. Than you would never leave the house to go shop anywhere or work anywhere, you would let people talk you out of living your life.This site stinks of ***.

Have you ever had any bad comments said about you in your life? Some of it may be true we can agree. But most of it was a garbage as a sewer underground. Many where lies and such.

So lets make a deal to always seek out the positives and what can back up them positives.

Lets stay away from sites like these that are full of ***. You and I both know that this site is full of ***.

ACN might pay your house payment now, but once it dries up it will not cover your foreclosure. The company is going down fast. Better bail out now before the energy debacle hits!

And its grate started 14 moths ago and its working my frends love me still you just have to keep your cool and work the bizz i make enuf to pay my house payent and a lil more so join acn it well change your life it did four me

Ok, it's common sense people. You do not want to be invovled in a company like ACN because it traps its reps into a losing proposition.

If you work for a real company and things don't work out, you just quit. You don't continue on working for them, all the while losing more of YOUR own money! But in ACN, that's what they tell you to do. Your only option is to get out now, or wait and continue to lose more and more money the longer you stay in.

I got out in two months, but I have heard or reps staying in for YEARS and losing (no kidding) close to six figures due to all the trips to Sandiego and hotels and airfair. And it's completely intentional. They want you to lose so much money that you feel like you have to stay in just to make some of it back. But the reality of this scam is that you never will.

It's just an empty void that you are throwing your time and money into.

Don't let them steal your hard earned money! Use common sense.

The only MLM company I've ever made any money in is Organo Gold, and I've tried Melaleuca and a few other well known companies. The problem I see all the time is that they focus more on recruiting than on actual sales of the product, where I've focused on the product and not only had sales as a result, but subsequently gotten people to sign up without having to beat them upside the head.

And I'm not a good salesman at all, so I know that it's the product that's selling itself.

Maybe I'd have luck with something else, but for me, Organo Gold has been the easiest MLM deal I've ever found. Your mileage may vary.

:) :grin ;) :p :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :? :cry :( :x

a couple that lives in the neighborhood have been brainwashed by ACN. They have contacted literally 200 people via e-mail mass mailings. They have parties and promotions.The last mass mailing had 8 people show up.They have signed 2 people in 6 months.They have turned everyone against them.People won't look their way for fear of the latest sales pitch.I feel sorry for them because it will take years to recover from acn.

I also wouldn't call ACN technically a SCAM but it's bad business. It's business with no ethics when you have to recruit people to buy in....

sounds like hm...

something else that you have to spend money on and still get nothing to show for it... Scientology.

MrNiceGuy - good job, man. you did all you could do with your friend but they act so superior and fanatical after they get sucked in, dont they? I'm very glad for posts like this, exposing companies like ACN.

My program is working great, it's called a REAL JOB...MILLIONS of people make all kinds of money working REAL JOBS! :grin

ACN is not a scam nor are most of the others out there. They are are hard to make money at. It's not easy, and very few make it to the end to see the big payoff. At the end of the day, you get out what you put in. 5 hours/week nets $0. 20 hours/week may net you some money. 40-60 hours/week (of real focus with no fear) will get you to the top eventually.

I personally did not make any money in ACN. Then again, my efforts were limited to going to the weekly meetings and talking to maybe 5 people/week. I am not a great salesman nor have a large hot market to tap either.

The only bad thing I can say is that "some" MLM reps convey (consciously or unconsciously) that it's easy, takes little work, and success will come very soon.

All I can say is look at the ones who are really making money in it (not the ones who joined 3 months ago) and emulate their behavior and practices.

ACN Reviews