7K views

Me and my wife signed up for ACN along with my parents and it has been a disappointment from the get-go. I was introduced to it through my sister that thought she could make some extra money on the side doing it, and so we figured we'd help her out and save a few bucks at the same time.....were we ever wrong!

Our home hydro and gas bills were supposed to go down. THEY DID NOT! THEY WENT UP! We called to complain to ACN's Energy department and they said that they could not do anything for me as "I should have read the fine print in the contract". I figured that was so convenient.

We have been in it for 3 years, and have 2 more years to go, otherwise we have to pay a cancellation fee of over $1000 to get out of both of them.

Further, my parents internet is always going off, along with their phones have crappy reception. We all wish my sister never got involved, and now we'll have to wait it our until our contract is up.

Comments

We have noticed the same thing. They actually charge more than the gas company and can't wait for the term to be up in June/2018 .

The cancellation fee would be $100.00 just to cancel a few months earlier. Never again will I sign up with any marketer...these people are robbers.

This is interesting... https://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/energy-service-companies/planet-energy-ontario-in-north-york-on-1292510/Alerts-and-Actions

Planet energy lie when they sell you on their product. Went thru it with them.

And then when you figure them out they want 1000's of dollars to get out of it. Stay away from these snake oil salesman. Shysters is what they are.

They are under investigation and run just under the line. Stay away!

Cancellation fee for Planet energy is $50/yr or part yr remaining on 5 yr contract.

Internet cancellation is $90.

Where do you get $1200???

to PhilipSydney #1430163

No it isn't.....try 1300 bucks. Shysters

Fergus, Ontario, Canada #1308677

They are not allowing me to return to Hydro One to get solar panels since they insist they have a signed contract but cannot produce it. The sales rep and her supervisor assured me that as a senior I could not be held to the contract. I need a divorce from them and they have sent me to collections within a month!

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada #1299847

$169.50 gets you out of hydro contract one time fee. Be careful because they ask if you want out of your gas bill also at the same time.

I was quoted this price for both and they only cancelled hydro.

They want $300 more now to cancel the gas bill. BUYER BEWARE SCAM Planet energy

Well,

I am the victim too - we can actual garther together and use the lawyer aid of government to help out the contract

yes, my Hydro went up twice as much

pls I need support- this is fraudulent company and they lie to you

we don't even sign a paper- it is not legal by the to do things like this and rip off our money

Pls do sth together!

why are these people allowed to stay in business they are harassing my 63 year old father for a cancellation fee of $5000.00 for his gas service that he took to another provider due to fact he was paying MORE with Planet Energy

NO CONTRACT was ever signed as we 'locked in' our savings over the phone.

where do I go for help with these bullies/scammers

Alicia

to Anonymous Peterborough, Ontario, Canada #1299848

Ontario Energy Board complaint

to Anonymous #1430401

no contract signed, false threats ignore them

If The ACN is not a scam, why do customer need to sign for 5 years contract why not just try for three months and then if you don't like the service, you can get out, or something like that just no contract what so ever.. but the catch is once you're in it's hard to get out because you have to pay a penalty at least $50 per year for hydro and 100$ per year on Gaz.. so if anyone are signing up right now, you have 10 days to cancel it otherwise you are locked..Good luck guys.

i just looked up reviews because i have had the plan for a yr and a few months and....... same thing, my bills were drastically higher last winter than they have ever been.

i do not recommend acn to anybody. ive spent in the last yr and 3 mths about $1000.00 more than i would have with out this scam

Same here my bills are going thru the roof and I just signed up was told $250 to get out of contract now they say $1000 scam for sure

Please Do not sign up with ACN or Planet energy. I was convinced by a co-worker to join ACN and was excited about making residual income.

ACN is all about recruiting IBO's and getting people to sign up for services they already pay for with the promise of lowering your costs. I consider myself to be an intelligent woman but I feel so *** after the horrible experience I encountered. For starters, ACN customer service is terrible and their IVR systems are not very sophisticated which makes me wonder where they are investing their money!

Long story short I stopped plugging away at that MLM Nonsense after my services came in higher than promised. My story is far too long for this forum nut TRUST ME, STAY AWAY FROM ACN AND PLANET ENERGY!

to Anonymous #1188044

I think there should be a class action suit against Planet Energy.

I am sure enough people are really pissed off, just getting them together is the problem

Very vague more details.

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada #958451

Your an ***. You bought a locked in price.

Energy rates fluctuate. Had the fluctuating rates risen above your locked in rate, would you still be crying over it?

to Anonymous #986371

Probably not. but since it's not the case, he is allowed to do so.

Maybe you're one of those door to door knock scammer since you're so quick to jump to their defense.

to Anonymous #1118032

Hydro is 17 cent peak and 12 mid peak and 8 cents non. I pay between 8 to 11 cents daytime and night time 4.5 to 8cent at night.

I am not with the company as an employee but can say it has saved me money.

My last few bills have been a little higher than I usually pay but hydro everywhere has gone up. My bills are usually between 90 and 120 a mth and if I was with hydro one it would be almost double.