Paisley, Renfrewshire
2K views

I was invited to attend a possible career opertunity by a friend. After an impressive meeting I was asked If I'd like to sign up under the impression I would get a seven day free trial.

My account was debited £48 and I got given an Id, password and login to a site. When I got home did some extensive research and had a lot of questions about the claims they were stating which just didn't make sence mathmaticly. Decided I didn't want to proceed with ACN as it seemed very dodgy, spoke to the rep who was the boyfriend of my friend and told him I wasn't intrested in meeting up as I had changed my mind. I was experiencing difficulties in getting my money back and couldn't cancel on their online system as it wouldn't let me.

The screen just referred me to ring up. When I did that their automated system told me to cancel via online. So I was being made to run around like a hamster on a wheel. My only solution was to dispute the payment of £48 with my bank and warned them of my concern and not to give this company any more money as it was impossible to speak to anyone at ACN to reslove the matter.

But less than two weeks later they took £515 of my account through a different name! And lumbured me with a massive parcel which somebody else signed for at home and now I'm responsible for. They passed my card details and set up a direct payment without my concent, I never signed an agreement to any direct debit and under the data protection act of 1998 they still passed on my card details to a third party company whether linked or not it's still a diffrent account and took my money anyway.

This in my view is illegal activity so I have spoken to the fraud police in uk and my bank has also refunded me and will be investigating. I warn people to stay away from ACN as it's an immoral company and you can do what they do self employed for free anyway without hustling new recruits and much higher commission rewards than they offer.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments