2.4K views

Update by user Oct 17, 2014

For everyone's information, I absolutely was educated on ACN before and throughout the entire time I was tainted by it. I did work hard at it, and it absolutely ended up being worthless.

ACN just does not make good, quality, ethical business sense. Their products ended up being worthless. There was no real service or quality product, in the end what is left? Nothing but BS!

I ended up with worthless phone that looked like it was 15 years outdated which I could never use because nobody else had one to match it, a bunch of *** scam magazines. Then there was all the other money and time wasted going to their training's. Then there was all my friends and family time I wasted, I just ended up feeling like a douche for having tried to believe in this in the face of those I care about, ACN was just a nightmare in the end.

Everything else in life that I've put as much work and money into made sense and I have been very successful at. I'm great at doing things that make sense, that render a real service, talent, or quality product.

ACN is none of those, it's just a pyramid scheme with *** for products. It may be easier to ride the scam train longer and further in bigger cities. But, in rural areas it becomes evident fast how much this turns people into fools.

Don't humiliate yourself, stay away from ACN.

Don't drag your friends and family into such pathetic ***.

They expect you to call everyone you know and waste their time hearing about this worthless, pointless, sorry excuse for a business.

If ACN was based on quality services and products then people would want those services and products and wouldn't need lies and such invasive persuasion.

Original review posted by user Apr 26, 2011

I became and ACN Representative in North Carolina, spent $500 on setting up an ACN franchise (was told this was all it would cost but found out that's not true), then I found out there's an annual fee too, then I ended up getting services I didn't want or need just to make it work, then I ended up spending money on their marketing material, then I had three Private Business Meetings (PBR's) in my home, then I found out that no one in my area wanted to do it despite my "going by the book exactly as they suggested", at the same time the people that got me in were saying misleading me over and over saying we're going to have this type of PBR at so and so's and this persuasive person will be there when that wasn't happening, they'll help me with some of my "warm leads" because they knew them too but they never did follow through as they said they would, they'll always be there to help me if I have questions but they couldn't answer my questions on the phone so they said they would meet with me when they were in town and they kept flaking out, then they said just go to the trainings in Charlotte, which I did 3 times only to find that the information was always the same and never answered my questions or gave me a way to answer them. Man, so in the end I'm stuck with Direct TV, which I never wanted because I use Netflix, and ACN phone that SUCKS because the thing doesn't consistently work and no one else I know has a video phone so here I am a year later and still haven't used this expensive and worthless phone realizing I could have been better off using Skype which by the way is way better and more versatile and in one month I've used with several people all over the world. So, in the end I wasted a LOT of time trying to convince my friends to waste their money and time so people which is a bit humiliating, and I wasted over a $1,000 on this, was mislead over and over by people I thought were respectable people, etc....

It's funny because these people act like they're helping people, but you can't help people if you're hurting people. This did hurt me only to help those that were higher up. This may work for some, but it doesn't work for all, but in my experienced opinion it's very pyramid like scammy and did more harm than good for me and other around me, a bit waste of time and money. These people aren't providing a real service or product to anyone, it's more about trying to exploit people you know, in my opinion.

I will be putting together some sites that will be very optimized in the direction of the market this company is in to illustrate what happened to me. I've not even got started in voicing my opinion on this;) Yours truly, ex ACN Representative in NC!

Comments

How long have you done it as it works like this, it takes 9 months to wait for a baby to be born as it doesn't go like to have a baby, you need to make nine girls pregnant. It takes time man and it depends with your effort.

The business model has sense. we pay bills anyway so why not leverage it.

I am a customer of ACN and they have the latest deals and mobiles better than the other existing companies, I just got a Samsung Galaxy S7 for $70 monthly unlimited everything, the network is great & I have no dramas with ACN at all.

I just sold a brand new mobile phone to my friend & shes very happy with vodafone service thank you, its no scam & pyramids are illegal here, sounds like you were either to lazy or to ignorant to cope, I have a job, child, and do acn on the side and its quite rewarding for me in allot of ways.

And about the money its only $500, compared to my friend that bought a donnut king franchise worth $480,000.00, she wont be profiting for quite some time, where as I got my money back in 30 days, and a month later I am earning residual...so go back to your job if anyone will have you, cause you are a liar.

to ACN IBO #1403610

Yep!

This company is based on helping people and the principles of paying it forward. If you are to join this company, get a mentor.

You need a solid person above you that wants the same as you. You also need people on your team that want the same or more than you. Mentor's are key though. A good mentor can get you were you didn't think possible.

In my experience with ACN, this is a solid concept, with solid principles, however it is a given that certain people in the company have only there own bottom line in mind. FIND A GOOD MENTOR AND THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!!!!! P.S. This is a very good personal growth tool.

If you would like to become a better person, this does help. I can't stress that enough.

Nothing in life worth while is easy, but it doesn't get much easier than this. Good Luck.

Dayton, Ohio, United States #994247

EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES..... I mean common people, ACN is for the entrepreneurial mindset.

Most people dont, then they get mad, then get negative. But then again most americans are not entrepreneurs. They love the rat race.

So, if youre not, go back to your hourly job... we wont hate you for it : )

to Anonymous #1010697

FYI, I (the one that posted this) am an entrepreneur. You just assume I am not and then go on a tirade based on nothing. Pathetic...

To all of you ACN Robots, this article pretty much just exposed you: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACN/Concord-North-Carolina-28025/ACN-A-scam-by-Another-Cool-Name-Concord-North-Carolina-879269

"Finally, if you'll notice, many of these complaints or negative reviews are almost immediately followed by someone from ACN staunchly defending the company. That person usually retorts with comments along the lines of "you're a loser," or "it wasn't meant for you," or "you didn't work hard enough.," or "you didn't follow the model."

This is especially towards you, "laughingallthewaytothebank" and "IWORKFORMYSELFFULLTIME." If you really make as much money as you say, then why let this post bother you?

Is it because it's true? I am not an ex ACN customer nor rep.

But watching 2 of my friends get into this scam and already being bothered to attending/watching the same presentation 3 times already annoyed the heck out of me. One of the meeting was done in my own home with strangers too.

to Anonymous #979034

well I think the company sure has come a long way, offering various services now...hmm...would you rather sell avon or mary kay? lol

You had a whole 3 presentations and it didn't work out ??? Man you shouldn't work so hard !!!

It's not a magic business do some work and you get some rewards!!!! Do nothing you'll make nothing

to Nick #885861

Well let's see your paycheck as a "proof" if you're saying OP wasn't "working hard." It's not easy for some decent people to scam their family and friends after all.

jeffrow
to Nick Shelby, North Carolina, United States #913480

I went to three seminars, but I also went to numerous meetings in homes, went on several scouting operations of sorts, etc... etc...

etc... I'm not insane, I will not keep doing something that appears wrong in every way.

I work very hard at things that are good, I have an awesome work history. I only tried this because I was duped by people I thought I could trust.

to Nick Miami, Florida, United States #941028

thank you NICK... =)

its "here" ***!

Understand the direct sells industry before you join a program.People who don't do there home work are not enagaged. This is not the lottery it is a business.

And this one my not be for you don't give up learn and earn. Good place to share try this you need it everybody.http://purpleh2o.com call for special code.

jeffrow
to Fullife Shelby, North Carolina, United States #913482

I learned that this flat out sucks. I was a marketing director for 7 years before I started working for myself, which I've been doing successfully now for 4 years.

I prefer to sell/market/work/etc... for/with products/services that are completely legit across the board.

ACN appeared completely NOT legit for anyone accept those at the top of the pyramid and much less legit for anyone receiving their crappy, outdated products and services. I strive to make the world a better place and ACN or anything remotely similar is for people that only care about making money and nothing else, and that mentality is the root of what's wrong with our world.

ACN's customer service is pathetic and that is being nice! I too joined ACN and busted my buns and made several thousand in a few weeks.

Note, that was based on signing up a lot of new IBO's (business partners). Also, note that I basically broke even, because like many others I chased the points and spent almost as much as I had earned in buying video phones (worthless by the way), etc. What really TURNED me off about ACN is their Customer Service and the nightmare in dealing with customer problems. I for one have to believe in a service or product that I am going to promote.

After personally dealing with them as both a business customer (phone service for my offices), a residential customer and one of their so called business partners, I soon discovered some reality. Believe me you are better off dealing witth Century Link, Cox, Sprint, DIrect TV, etc., DIRECTLEY for they Understand Customer Service and Satisfaction. ACN is only concerned about BILLING YOU, regardless of any valid problems, mistakes or other service related issues. GOOD luck getting hold of a person and one that knows what they are doing and best of luck obtaining a satisfactory outcome or solution!

After personally dealing with them on behalf of customer's that I signed up as one of their business partners and as one of their customers I got fed up! It would take me another 5000 words to just give you a few examples and I have plenty. I know that some may say this is all BS, believe me far from it! ACN likes to deal with an automated web-based solution for everything, I am still trying to stop the endless emails and it has been 2 years now.

When you try to call them, you better be ready and patient enough to navigate their voice system to get to a real live human being. We spent many hours, on average 1.5 hours dealing with ACN on the phone per service related issue. You will end up frustrated, pissed off and then end up still not have a resolution that any good customer should receive. I had to personally get involved in the customers I got to sign up for services because it can be a nightmare.

Just transferring or setting up new mobile phone services took hours with some *** and more than one call to finally set up correctly. This resulted in people you know, friends, family, etc., getting pissed off at you! ACN"s video phone service, VOIP (voice over IP) another *** joke! This will end up costing you a small fortunate until you figure that one out.

YOU end paying fo an Internet connection just to hook up their "home" phone service. You end up buying hardware (equipment) that you might as well plan on throwing away if you leave ACN! Go and buy a VOIP box and your are way ahead of their game on that service. My own literally poor brother was one of my 1st ACN victim's and ended up spending twice the amount of money over the 2 year contract then he should have thanks to his older brother, me!

Another example, an electrical storm "fried", damaged a bunch of equipment at one of my homes, faulty surge protector. I ended up having to replace a cable modem, Apple Time Capsule (router/switch/backup device), and the ACN little silver box from Linksys, several hundred $$ in equipment was damaged including ACN's little silver Linksys (VOIP) interface that I spent over 40 dollars for + $39 hook up fee! A friend who dropped ACN for the aforementioned reasons, service and higher costs gave me her little VOIP box. After spending over 2 hours with Technical Support and ACN's Customer Service Rep, I was given conflicting information, ended up frustrated and pissed off!

I personally happen to have very good technical/computer background. It took at least a 45 minutes to get through to Technical Support. Once I finally got a "human being " on the phone, I tried to explain to him all I needed was for him to switch out the MAC Address of one device for another. I told him I had another like device and wanted to hook it up and needed him to just turn on the new MAC Address of the replacement unit that another former ACN Customer had ALREADY PAID FOR!

He explained, no problem, however are you ready for this, he had to transfer me to the Customer Service Dept in order to do that. After being on hold for way to long, I finally get a lady on the phone, I end up explaining what happened all over again and that I SIMPLY just wanted to switch out the Linksys box and reasign that MAC (device) Address to the other unit and was told she had to do it. YOU can only imagine what happened next! Note, after spending over an hour with Tech Support and wait time on the Customer Service Dept, she told me she could not do that!

I said, you got to be kidding, I stated the Tech Support guy had just told me no problem and transferred me to your department. Are you ready, the Customer Service Rep, told me that she could not do that for the device given to me may have been stolen or not paid for. That I had to buy another one for $40 and pay another $39 connect fee and sign up for another 1 or 2 year contract because I also had the "F'n" Video Phone if I wanted to keep that working. I started to lose it!

Even though I explained that I had been given another device that had ALREADY BEEN PAID for by another ACN "fool" customer, why would I have to pay for another. NOTE, you get to pay for all ACN equipment up front there is no lease or pay for it in your bill! I also stated that this was outrageous, how could she charge me additional fees and try and force me into another CONTRACT ! I tried to reason with this MORAN, explain that this device had already been paid for and I just wanted her to connect it on her end, couple of key strokes.

SHE told me that it was ACN policy that you had to either buy another one, agree to another 1 or 2 year contract, and pay another connection fee! Even if I wanted to connect the already paid for device, I still had to agree to another FEE and another NEW CONTRACT! Needless to say, I don't even want to say what I said next, I ended up wasting over 2 hours on the phone and throwing all the ACN *** out! What a RIPPOFF in fees and forcing an existing customer who was almost done with a contract into another one!!!

I will give you a one final other OUTRAGE, have not got time to write a book on what a JOKE ACN services really are and how you will end up spending more in the long run! My fiancée another innocent "sucker", had a credit card issue around the Christmas Holiday. ACN was unable to charge her credit card, less than $20 fee and this resulted in 4 months later, after we had already had it with the equipment failure and trying to replace it, in a $400 COLLECTION by another 3rd party company! I *** you not, ACN did not even send her one *** letter to inform her or even offer the opportunity to avoid collection.

She first found out about this when the Nasty Collection Agency was threateing her, etc., demanding $400! As GOD by my witness this is a true story! After spending hours to try and resolve this unwarranted and unfair issue and being told that ACN's policy is emails only I gave up tryng to work through ACN has customer. Note, we were also both still signed up as IBO's (Business Partners) and customers as well and had spent a thousands on ACN video phones, etc.

Three were sent to Romania and we never got them to work that was another joke, the rest I donated to Goodwill. I ended up having to contact a guy in ACN (one in few) that actually gave a *** that I ended up befriending over the phone after 3 months of trying to get my ACN Business phones and service to work right at my office! That is another nightmare I am not going address. I was able to reach out to him to personally and get him involved in this outrageous collection to get to the right person in ACN.

We ended up paying a $100 before we it was closed out! The REAL Outrage is that ACN is to *** CHEAP to even put a stamp on an envelope and mail their customer a letter, never mind perhaps 2! As far as they are concerned they sent an EMAIL, God help you if you failed to read it, get it or ended up in junk mail! In my adult life as a customer of many services (electric, cable, Direct TV, Cox, etc.), I have never experience such ***, where a service provider sends one email and that is it regardless of the issue at hand!

IN SUMMAY ACN sucks regarding services and your really saving money, wait until the 1st year is up! I personally know of one man who has busted his buns for over 4 years now, spent a lot of money getting people to join ACN and he has still NOT really seen any real success, far from any RESIDUAL INCOME! Believe me this guy works at it full time 7 days week, lucky to have another thriving business his wife runs, has spent a lot of money and is no where near 4 years later regarding retiring on Residual Income! Talk about an ACN brainwashed believer!

I know of others and stealing customers and behind the scenes *** that really goes on in trying to reach the top of the ACN PYRIMID! The real truth is that ACN's success is due to the fact that have many thousands of IBO's (business partners) really not busting their ***, but paying there annual membership and definitely keeping all those ACN services that ACN makes plenty of $$ on. Think about it, any person who drops out or gets fed up with CHASING THE POINTS, No matter the financial cost alone is not going to stay with ACN's services for they end up spending far more and get to deal with a nightmare of what ACN calls Customer Service!

You only put up with the aforementioned examples and issues if you are *** enough to become and ACN Rep and remain loyal paying the extra costs! ACN truly is nothing more than a reseller of services, you MAY save a few bucks initially, but there is a catch and in the end you get what you paid for or not!

You are right ACN sucked me in too back in the 90s or so when they were doing ACN energy.i signed up a lot of people,but every one I signed up energy bill went thru the roof instead of saving them money like the co told us.it was embarrassing.*** me I tried it again years later but it didn't work.upline was always late for meetings.I did the Charlotte thing and it's just motivational speakers that show up at every mlm big event.looking into to ACN after the fact digging deep,those video phones are out of date.who uses home phone these days and plus hangout Skype etc are free.they also have their own cell phone company with no contract but the phone is outrageous over priced for a resale.

Denver, Colorado, United States #804322

Sounds like you didn't get enough info. I knew exactly what I was getting into. Good luck in corporate America cause you'll need it.

Blackfoot, Idaho, United States #798533

I'm confused... Have you ever had any type of Business Before??

:/ It may be possible that Business, in general may not be for you. This is all very amusing, but its the same excuses that many people use as to why they are not successful.

I'm still new at ACN in a lot of ways, but I'm getting PAID. It's not what I was hoping for yet, but My Partners are solid, and have helped me in ways that no other job that I've ever had in my life has ever helped me.