Update added by user May 26, 2011
The company preaches residual income and it sounds great.Have someone show you how you get paid and ask them how much they are making.
Then ask them how much of that check is residual vs. signing bonuses or T- cabs. They will tell you it takes a while to build it up. I have over 60 reps with 270 points 7 months in the business.
I have not got one residual check to date because it needs to be more than $10.00 to print one. All the time and money it takes to do presentations and drive around to get people qualified and it is not easy believe me. If they drop out and or are no longer qualified then say good bye to those points because you donâ€™t get credit or paid for them acn keeps them. Services that people sign up for are based on a point value.
Also the â€œthird party publicationsâ€ acn is featured in like success from home, a major sales toll are $5 a pop to help you promote your business. They feature acn on the cover so that all the reps will buy the magazines and they do.
Be prepared to provide 4-20 of those per presentation.I wonâ€™t be surprised at all to see them on the cover again real soon of a third party publication.
Original review posted by user May 26, 2011
After being involved with acn and buying into the honestly and family atmosphere I can no longer bring anyone into this business and or be involved.I was told by several high ranking people in acn in regards to the celebrity apprentice as part of the pitch, that leads were going to be generated from the show and distributed by zip code to active reps within that area.I signed up several people based on that pitch.
That did not happen and no good reason was provided as to why. The concept is great residual billing on essential services. It seems like a no brainier till you get involved. If you do get involved check everything you are being told because I found a great deal of the information to be inaccurate.
You do not want to put yourself in a bad position with friends, family and colleagues. I can tell you it is not a good place to be. Also there is a big rush to get "qualified" so you can "start making money" within 24 hours. This will cause you to order things you don't really need and will have to pay a hefty penalty to cancel.
I am over $250 in monthly recurring bills so I can "make money". The video phone is a $200 cancellation fee if you cancel within the first two years for example. People do make money doing this and if you don't care how you make money or that over 70% of the people you will be signing up will fail this could be for you. Be aware that this is "relationship marking" and you will be bringing in people you know and love.
Not saying that you can't build this morally but it will take lots of research and time.It will take 6 months to a year to build any real income, over $2,000 a month and the residual isn't the focus at all its t-cab bonuses aka bring in new reps.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Multi Level Marking
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "One of the worst communication company in terms of their service, promise and commitments. I asked Frontier to changer their service to $84.99 triple play with 75/75 internet, HD preferred..."
- "No Wonder They Got So Many Bad Reviews! Many Members Are Scared To Come Out And Tell The Truth! I Have Hidden The Truth Long Enough! Now It Is Time To Spill The..."
- "I cancelled my service early because the price for satellite service had gone up dramatically. I was always happy with the reception and service but the price became prohibitive. They..."
- "I signed up with Trugreen lawn service and after the first 2 treatments, my grass was dead and I now have a brown lawn! I called customer service and..."
- "We stayed at a Hawthorn suites Orlando this weekend. Upon arriving at the hotel it was total caos. The room smelled dirty and wet, the furniture was broken and full..."
- "Cruise Dates: June 25-June 30, 2016 (5 nights) Ship Name: Empress of the Seas Reservation Number 2098975 We have embarked on June 25 and issues started from the moment we have received access..."
- "I went for Spacedigitalx PR for my Kickstarter campaign last week. After receiving a terribly written press release, I requested my money back. They refused because they already started and..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."