Dallas, Texas
6K views

To have your 30 yr old "child" invite you to meet them so they can tell you some exciting news only to find out it is a sales pitch. Walked in thinking it was mom/son time & saw clipboards around & other people.

Me: Are you trying to sell me something, cause you know I'm not about that? Son: Oh, no - it's really exciting news. Then to sit & watch a DVD & feeling like you are a part of a infomercial. Being told that energy in our state would be deregulated by next year-huh?

That had happened yrs ago which I told the rep. Apparently my son was extremely embarrassed by me as I asked "***" questions & I did not look happy? Really - I made a statement & I was NOT happy to be put in that situation. I guess I was the rotten apple I keep reading about.

Maybe my kid will do well in this as I certainly saw a different side of him the next day. "I am sabotaging him, they are a partner in a 1/2 billion $ business & I don't support them, you hurt me, you clearly did not understand, etc" ...certainly sounded like a sales pitch & my kid should know I would not go for that. So we are not talking to each other now. He also looked like he was possessed during the presentation.

It was scary to watch.

Like a dog looking a piece of raw meat. Scary stuff!

Comments

My aunt and uncle did that to everyone they knew multiple times. Lost everyone they loved and cared about.

So sad.

Sorry to see it happening so much. :( It's one thing when a mother has to try to talk sense into her stubborn son, but it's another when it's a teenage girl trying to talk sense into her aunt and uncle who should be able to see a scam for themselves.

I went and am going thru with my daughter. They brainwash these younger adults. My daughter is 21 years old.

@Anonymous

How can they be so naive? I realize they are young but do they really believe they can guilt their family & friends into joining?

I'm ashamed that my child has no shame in what they are doing.

Wow the exact thing happened to me with my 23 year old daughter word for word. These people actually have a script to alienate your parents.

This is insane, undoubtably a pyramid and when is law enforcement going to get involved.

First of all, I don't mind saying that ACN is another cult-like, brainwash organizations, that destroys all social networks except for the one you're in.

ACN has impoverished two of my family members, and so much damage has been done, it will be at least 10 years to make up for the 1 or 2 years they spent in this organization.

All of the lies about wealth from other ACN members. Their nearly bankrupt lifestyle just to drive around in some car they CANNOT afford to exaggerate success.

ACN is a sickness on society, promoting a parasitical life where the vast (higher than 99%) will end up in failure.

If you think Florence`s story is nice, , three weeks-ago my friend's brother got paid $6285 sitting there a eighteen hour week from there apartment and they're co-worker's sister-in-law`s neighbour was doing this for four months and broght in more than $6285 part time at their computer. use the information available here, BAM70.com

@dmitrybra

What are you saying dmitrybra? I can't even understand that....

I call BS if you are saying they made $6285 each in 4 months from ACN (I guess that's what your saying)?

@What?

I think dmitrybra, I don't know if it's a he or a she, was talking about another "business"/ scam using the computer. Who's Florence or where is her story anyway?

What exactly does ACN do? If I had a son that wanted to sign me up through him for my phone or security service, do I get a discount?

I guess what I am asking is, if I don't fully sign up for the $499 but I do sign up my phone service through my child - do I as the paying consumer get a discount or is this just a favor to my child? Would I still deal directly with the phone co? Would I have to deal with ACN & they would go to the company? I just don't understand how putting a middle man in between myself and the phone company is a good thing.

What services are ACN selling that I am not currently getting? Very confusing....

Dear question for Acn:

To answer your questions, what Acn is is a direct seller of telecommunications and home services. We are partnered with local carriers for a variety of different services such as home phone, Internet, cell phone, electricity and gas, and home security.

What our company does is marketing for these companies through relationships rather then media. Fact: 33% of your cellphone bill goes to marketing for new customers. This means that you yourself are paying for these companies such as telus, sprint, t-mobile and others to promote for more customers every month. For example these companies pay up to $2 million a DAY to advertise in traditional forms such as commercials, billboards, telemarketing and flyers.

We eliminate that and put a person(ibo) to go in there and market for them so they get a percentage of that bill every month and this goes on for as many customers as you want to achieve. Now if your son was an ibo and you became his customer you do NOT pay $499 you just pay your monthly bill as per usual the only difference is that instead of the big corporations getting all of it your son would get up to 10% every month. Sounds good to me and as a father myself I am an ibo with my kids best intentions in mind. And as for billing and all that stuff we are not involved in that.

We just promote for the companies and they take care of the billing, and customer service.

Please feel free to email me if you have more questions. Brett_romas@hotmail.com

@TheGreek

You ACN sheep are like robots with your counter arguments.

Said no ACN IBO ever...

This is a scam

@Question for ACN

IF YOU BECOME A CUSTOMER (GOD FORBID) YOU DO IT AS A "FAVOR" TO YOUR CHILD! YOU DON'T GET A DISCOUNT!IN FACT, YOU WILL BE PAYING WAY MORE THAN IF YOU GO DIRECTLY TO THE RESPECTIVE COMPANIES!

DON'T LISTEN TO ANY ACN REP AS THEIR ONLY CONCERN IS TO RECRUIT NEW REPS AND BUILD THEIR TEAM FOR MORE MONEY, BONUSES OR PROMOTION TO THE NEXT LEVEL OF THEIR "MLM" HIDING BEHIND PRODUCTS TO AVOID BEING LABELED A PYRAMID SCAM!! THE REPS DON'T EVEN KNOW OR DON'T CARE TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES---ASK THEM SPECIFIC QUESTIONS AND YOU WILL JUST BE GIVEN A BLANK STARE OR WILL BE GIVEN A NONSENSICAL ANSWER OR WILL JUST BE TOLD TO LOOK IT UP ONLINE. PLEASE READ ALL THE COMPLAINTS AND COMMENTS AGAINST THIS COMPANY AND ITS RECRUITERS ON THIS AND ON OTHER WEBSITES LIKE FIRST SEARCH BLUE, RIP OFF REPORT, BBB, CRIMES OF PERSUASION, ETC. TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA AS TO WHAT KIND OF "BUSINESS" ACN REALLY IS AND WHAT ITS REPS DO.

YOU WILL DEAL WITH ACN WITH ITS INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ITS REPS WHO ARE MOSTLY SLEAZY AND FRAUDSTERS , NOT THE ACTUAL COMPANIES, FOR THE NUMEROUS PROBLEMS YOU WILL SURELY ENCOUNTER AND YOU WILL REGRET THE DAY YOU HEARD OF AND SIGNED UP WITH THIS SCAM OF A "BUSINESS"!!! SAVE YOURSELF FROM A NIGHTMARISH EXPERIENCE, ADVISE YOUR SON TO GET OUT WHILE HE STILL CAN WITH HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS STILL INTACT AND YOU ALL STAY AWAY FROM ACN AND ITS RECRUITERS!!!

@STAY AWAY FROM ACN

Lol you pay way more then when you go direct to the company? That's bs for sure your speaking out of your *** on that one.

I have sat down with several of my customers and not only compared their current rates with the ones I have I have also compared them to the providers direct website. They are always either the same or a bit cheaper. I saved my wife's parents $20 a month on there has bill as well my own parents save 10-15$ on there cell phones and other services. You honestly have no idea what your talking about.

But thanks for playing. :)

@TheGreek

YEAH, CUSTOMERS PAY WAY MORE THAN IF THEY GO DIRECTLY TO THE COMPANIES AS EVIDENCED BY THE NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS HERE AND ON OTHER WEBSITES LIKE THE BBB, FIRST SEARCH BLUE, CRIMES OF PERSUASION, RIP OFF REPORT AND OTHERS. MAYBE, AND THAT'S A BIG MAYBE, YOUR VERY FEW CUSTOMERS DO SAVE A LITTLE BIT BUT THEY ARE THE VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS!

YOU DID NOT CONTEST THE REST OF WHAT I WROTE IN MY REPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL TRUE LIKE THE REPS BEING MORE CONCERNED WITH MONEY THAN THE CUSTOMERS OR PRODUCTS, THE REPS NOT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT THE PRODUCTS/SERVICES, MOST OF THE REPS BEING FRAUDSTERS/ SCAMMERS /SWINDLERS, ABOUT THE INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND OTHER PROBLEMS THE CUSTOMERS WILL FACE. I DO HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SOUND AS IF YOU'RE A NEWBIE---MAYBE JUST A FEW MONTHS AS AN ACN RECRUITER AND YOU ALSO SOUND AS IF YOU JUST CAME FROM AN ACN PEP RALLY, BRAINWASHING MEETING/CONVENTION ECHOING THE SCRIPT ACN FED YOU!

SINCE YOU DON'T SOUND THAT VULGAR OR INSULTING YET UNLIKE THE OTHER ACN REPS I KNOW AND THOSE WHO WHO POST HERE AND ON OTHER WEBSITES, I HOPE YOU WAKE UP IN TIME BEFORE YOU HAVE NO MORE FAMILY OR FRIENDS LEFT! I AM ALSO NOT PLAYING AS THIS IS VERY SERIOUS AND MANY LIVES ARE BEING RUINED AND I AM INTENT IN WARNING PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY FROM ACN AND ITS UNSCRUPULOUS PEOPLE/RECRUITERS!

@TheGreek

You are correct I have been with Acn for a few months. Your right some reps aren't fully equipped with all the info about everything.

But the reps that are going to be successful are the ones that learn about the services they provide as I have done. My services have been far from over priced compared to what my customers were paying before keep in mind that the market on which you live may be different. Now no I have not attended a pep rally. I have yet to go to a convention just attended some local meetings which are free :) I am not really joking either as this is currently part of my income.

I am sorry that you may have had a bad experience or maybe you don't know the entirety of the information you are discussing I want to be clear I took a year of researching and finding *** like this both bad and good before getting on board. I got involved for a few reasons I posted on these forums and others asking people for facts about it being a scam like publicity not just opinions. Now I look for facts and 90% of people that use the word pyramid scam don't know the true definition. As per my attitude I am the way I am the other idiots that join Acn and talk down on forums like these are the real idiots.

I talk to people with respect because that's what they deserve. I would not doubt there are people that give Acn a bad name using deceptive methods. But I however am not like that its not for everyone and I know that. But I also know its a good opportunity for some of the people that do choose to take it.

Will everyone be successful no but that's the fact of life in life some find success some don't whether it be Acn or something else but Acn is an opportunity to find that success. If you don't take the opportunity then you have a 0% chance of finding success through it. But if you do take it you have a 50% chance you either do or don't succeed. My job isn't to convince you that Acn is amazing it is to inform people and what people do with the information is completely up to them.

Frankly my intentions here were to get facts from people saying its a scam as to how it is a scam. Not to recruit as I have not mentioned anything about it

@TheGreek

Mental Pyramid Malfunction: 'there has bill'

@Question for ACN

Btw I forgot to mention that yes in most cases you do see a discount compared to your current bill, sometimes if there is no savings it will be the exact same rate. The only difference in those circumstances is that instead of the company getting all of that bill up to 10% would go to the representative that acquired you as a customer.

You only have to pay the $499 to become a representative. Which gives you the title of Independent Business Owner (IBO) which means being a business owner you are entitled to tax write offs. That $499 also goes towards maintaining your own website. You do not have to do anything with it all done from our main office.

So even if you are not making millions it's nice to invest $499 into something that allows you to save up to 10% on your own services as well as others you also get tax write offs. So if you join Acn and don't really worry about building it too much you can still have some extra benefits. Maybe some extra money every month as well as extra money around tax time due to your write offs, such as gas for your car, meals when you go out and take your clients or even your wife and kids out for dinner. These are just some examples of the tax write offs you get as an IBO.

If you want to work hard you will in turn get paid more its all about motivation. If you want a couple hundred extra a month then great if you want more awesome you decide how much you want with Acn.

@TheGreek

READ MY REPLY TO YOUR POST ABOVE THIS AS I'VE DISPUTED SOME OF WHAT YOU WROTE HERE. AS I'VE WRITTEN, THE CUSTOMERS PAY WAY MORE THAN IF THEY GO DIRECT AND IF THEY DO GET "DISCOUNTS" IT IS VERY, VERY SELDOM.

AS I ALSO WROTE BEFORE, CUSTOMERS GO TO ACN AS "FAVORS" TO THEIR FRIENDS OR RELATIVES WHO ARE ACN RECRUITERS, NOT BECAUSE THEY LIKE ACN (MOST HAVE NOT HEARD OF IT) AND/OR NOT BECAUSE THEY LIKE OR ARE SAVING WITH ITS PRODUCTS. YOU REALLY SOUND LIKE A NEWBIE FRESH FROM AN ACN PEP RALLY. THE $499 IS ONLY THE SIGN-UP FEE. THERE ARE A LOT OF FEES LIKE BACK OFFICE /ASSISTANT FEES, TRAINING MATERIALS FEES, ANNUAL DUES, MEETING FEES, ETC., YOU MAYBE WERE NOT TOLD ABOUT AND WILL FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF LATER WHEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO QUIT AND GET YOUR $499 BACK.

THE TITLE "INDEPENDENT BUSINESS OWNER" IS JUST A FEEL GOOD OR FEEL PROUD BRAINWASHING WAY THE FOUNDERS OR REAL OWNERS CAME UP WITH OR LIKED TO CALL THEIR RECRUITERS/REPS TO GET MORE PEOPLE SUCKED INTO THE SO CALLED "BUSINESS"! YOU ARE NOT AN OWNER!!! YOU CAN BE FIRED, DEMOTED, YOUR ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED AND ALL THAT YOU BUILT AND WORKED HARD FOR (TEAM, CUSTOMERS, ETC.) WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU! THE ONLY WORD RIGHT IN THAT TITLE IS THE WORD "INDEPENDENT" AS YOU ALONE WILL BE CONCERNED ABOUT YOU WHEN "*** HITS THE FAN".

YOU ALONE WILL FACE THE WRATH OF YOUR CUSTOMERS AND THOSE YOU WERE ABLE TO RECRUIT, LIKE WHEN SOMEBODY SUES YOU REGARDING THE BUSINESS OR WHEN YOU HAVE PROBLEMS ABOUT THE PRODUCTS/SERVICES. TO QUOTE YOUR RAH RAH SLOGAN WITH MY TWIST ON IT---"YOU ARE IN BUSINESS FOR YOURSELF BUT NOT BY YOURSELF SINCE ACN TAKES YOUR EARNINGS BUT IF PROBLEMS ARISE YOU REALLY ARE BY YOURSELF". ABOUT THE TAX WRITE OFFS---YOU CANNOT AVAIL OF THAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE INCOME FROM THE BUSINESS IF THIS IS YOUR ONLY SOURCE OF INCOME---WHAT WILL YOU WRITE OFF???!!! YOU ALSO CAN ONLY WRITE OFF EXPENSES RELATING TO THE BUSINESS!

IT ALSO DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU HAVE GOOD WORK ETHICS, MOTIVATION OR AMBITION AS YOU WROTE BEFORE TO ACHIEVE "SUCCESS" IN ACN. THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS HOW YOU GOT YOUR SO CALLED SUCCESS OR DREAMS WHICH TO ACN PEOPLE MEANS MONEY AND OTHER MATERIAL THINGS! MOST, IF NOT ALL, ACN PEOPLE/ RECRUITERS GOT WHAT THEY HAVE THROUGH DECEIT, SECRECY.

LIES, FRAUD AND BY CONNING, SCAMMING OR SWINDLING PEOPLE!!!

ACN Reviews