It's a pyramid scheme which uses Neuro-Linguistic Programming to dupe people into attending a meeting at which they will be "hooked", and them trying to keep them asleep long enough to *** a $499 deposit free from them.
When I had the misfortune to be invited to one of these things, the brainwashing techniques used on me included
1) My inviter misleading me over the subject of the first meeting. She asked me if I could attend to give her moral support as she gave a business speech. The real reason was to get me to start selling ACN products. ACN members are actually instructed to lie to the people they try to recruit over the nature of the first meeting.
2) Once at the meeting, a lot of moral pressure is applied to get you to sign up. You see, ACN only wants the best for you. They also imply you'll be letting the person who invited you down if you don't sign up, as that person requires you to be part of their team before they can get their money back.
3) They don't actually tell you about the money you'll be losing, mind. They simply give you a form with space for you to fill in your banking details. If they see you hesitating (as they did me) they tell you they're being very kind to you in setting you up in business for "just" $499, as most business people have to spend thousands on overheads.
4) It's hypocritical of ACN types to criticise the negativity of those of us who try to open people's eyes. ACN themselves try to poison the minds of the people they are trying to *** against anyone who points out that ACN is a pyramid scheme. New recruits are instructed to think of such people as "rotten apples".
5) Attendees of an ACN meeting are ordered to make a list of everyone they know within 48 hours and regard every one of them as potential business clients. Perhaps they're worried the would-be recruits might start to wake up from the brainwashing after two full days?
6) They also order new people who are duped into attending their meetings to organsise a meeting at home of their five closest friends, in order to announce their entrance into business. ACN also plan to attend this meeting. IN Britain, ACN dupes have 14 days in which they can wake up and gets their deposit back in full. Presumably the purpose of this meeting is to make it harder emotionally for them to do that.
My heart goes out to anyone who has lost money to this horrible, unethical company. Although I could see through what they were trying to do, it was still a horrid experience to be duped by a close friend into attending that first meeting. Whatever BS they feed you, remember this:
ACN are ONLY interested in your deposit fee. They know you are statistically unlikely to make money as you'll quickly run out of people to sell to.