Hamilton, Ontario

When I joined I ourchased local phone and did not check off that I wanted long distance because I was happy with my long distance company. Later in the mail I got a $200 bill for local and long distance. I usually pay about $3 to $5 a month for long distance for 5 or more hours of talk time with my long distance company.

I was not aware that ACN automatically switches you over to their long distance plan even though you don't check mark one of their plans.

I did not pay right away because I wanted time to review how I ended up with this huge bill. I was supposed to save money with ACN not spend more. Then they sent me a termination notice unless I paid. I paid the bill and then they terminated me anyways after they received the payment. On top of that I am still getting billed for services that I am not receiving. So now I owe $58 and I am not paying it and they threatened to send a collection agency after us. I don't understand why I need to pay for something I did not get. I wish I could spread the word on how bad this company is and for people to stay away from them.

Comments

#195238

Did you become apart of the ACN team or just got the services from a friend? A friend came to me about joining the team and I said no because I don't have the time or money to do it, but I told him that I would my new cell phone from him when my upgrade was available. Does anyone have any problems with getting cell phones and cell phone service providers with ACN or is it just the "business opportunity" that everyone is having problems with?

#195237

#195236

This is to respond to ACN Inc comment. I think the biggest mistake is the way the application form is set up.

This mess came because I did not check off a long distance phone service because I did not want any from ACN. I was happy with who I had. The rep who enrolled me was not familiar with this either. When I talked to ACN 800# and asked why they had switched my long distance when I did not check any plan off, they told me they automatically do this for all their customers.

I do not agree with this procedure. ACN should make it very clear in bold on the application form so that customers are aware that this is the procedure if they don't choose a long distance ACN plan. You now have lost my phone plan and on top of that all other future businesses from other ACN products plus if someone asks me about ACN, I will not have anything positive to say.

I rather just pay the money and forget about this mistake and move on. I dont' want to have anything else to do with ACN or any other networking marketing company.

kit1234

"I wish I could spread the word on how bad this company is and for people to stay away from them."

Amen.

It looks they've set up a bad cop/good cop PR routine on this website for every person who tries to tell the truth about them. Don't ACN employees have any conscience?

what a nasty dog that wrote the note above, *** animal

#152092

MotherTheresa we are sorry to hear that you have had problems and a bad experience with ACN service. We have shown your web post to employees in our Local / Long Distance call center. We recommend you call 877-226-1010, tell them who you are and let them know you believe you have been overcharged. We do not know the particulars of your account and the reason for the $58 charge, but hopefully they can resolve it for you. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ACN Inc.