illegal "pyramid scheme". Thats all you need to know. An illegal "pyramid scheme" is a form of multi-level marketing where the product or service is only of secondary importance, or there may be no product at all in the case of gifting or blessing scams. To join, you must pay some type of initial investment that gives you the right to recruit others into the company. For each person you bring into the company you receive money, or other bonuses or move closer to your big pay day Therefore, your earning potential depends primarily on how many people you sign up, not how much merchandise is sold.
Washington law declares the following practices illegal under the Anti-pyramid Promotional Schemes Act:
(1) No person may establish, promote, operate, or participate in any pyramid scheme.
(2) A limitation as to the number of persons who may participate, or the presence of additional conditions affecting eligibility for the opportunity to receive compensation under the scheme, does not change the identity of the scheme as a pyramid scheme.
(3) It is not a defense under chapter 65, Laws of 2006 that a person, on giving consideration, obtains goods, services, or intangible property in addition to the right to receive compensation, nor is it a defense to designate the consideration a gift, donation offering, or other word of similar meaning.
What is meant by an "investment"?
An investment includes any money paid to enter the venture. Though it may be called a "membership fee" or a "bookkeeping charge", the law still considers it to be an investment. And an inventory of products you must buy to resell is also considered an investment. Giving your time or talents, or buying demonstration samples at cost, are not considered investments.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Pyramid Scheme
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "No Wonder They Got So Many Bad Reviews! Many Members Are Scared To Come Out And Tell The Truth! I Have Hidden The Truth Long Enough! Now It Is Time To Spill The..."
- "On Saturday August 3, 2013 the following unauthorized debit transactions appeared on my bank statement $199 07:28 pm AT 19:28 $199 07:34 pm AT 19:24 $199 07:38 pm AT 19:38..."
- "I bought the MI3 via Lazada.com in the Philippines as they are the only distributors for this phone here. It cost 10.599PHP. I was working fine for about three weeks..."
- "I placed a 90 day order. OptumRX sent me a 50 day supply and charged me for 90 days per my agreement. My doctor called the pharmacy to..."
- "February 24, we received delivery of our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Searsâ€™s delivery. When plugged it made a loud, continuous noise. A replacement refrigerator is scheduled for delivery..."
- "LCD screen sent to me had brackets offset so I was unable to place the 4 mounting screws. Customer service suggested I "drill some holes" & that the last 10..."
- "There is something seriously wrong with this company. I had a problem with registration. I suspect that my telephone number was incorrectly registered in a partial registration. Easy to fix?..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."
- "THIS REVIEW HELPS YOU GET YOUR REFUND BACK!! WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION, FIGHTING WITH BAD SELLERS, AND ALIEXPRESS WOULD WANT TO CLOSE YOUR EASE IN SELLER'S FAVOR!!..."