As a young person, I've had friends and family come up to me and push these "businesses" as a way to make money. (I grew up working fast food to selling for a telecom, now an accountant.) Amway, Primerica, and a few others have been aggressively pushed to me by different people in my life. As of recent: ACN.
I get a call from this girl I knew back in the day. She's excited about this new business opportunity she has and she wants me to meet up with her and provide her with some support.
I knew what I was going into. But if you ever want to protect yourself from ever getting into this awkward scenario, look for these red flags during your interactions:
- "New business"/"Business opportunity"
- Very vague descriptions on business or products
- Easy Money
- Synonym or use of the word "recruit"
- Lack of product focus
- Withholding company name
I went to the meeting and the first thing I noticed was the cars parked up front. All rust buckets except one. It belong to the person selling "the dream." He talks, sells the idea of "residual income", uses analogy of ad space online or artist loyalties, and his story as part of ACN. Really seemed like a nice guy, but he asks me for $500 before taxes to sign up. Asks for my social insurance number and asks for credit card. I've met this guy only today and he talked for a very short length of time. I declined as I am in the process of moving to a new city with almost double the cost of living. He then had the gall to say "Well I can see that you don't want to make money before you move." I smile and say "Well that's why I'm going out there."
After the meeting, I did my due-diligence because I've never heard of ACN till that day. I found just a massive amount of negative press and information on ACN by those who have been drinking the kool-ade for too long. (You can tell by the smile on their face.) Where I reside - ACN must provide an earning statement on their website. $500 is claimed to be provided - Also all IBOs cannot state how much they make. If you go to the Canadian website - Locate DSA Code of Ethics. Page is 404-Error. Sketchy. Also a lot of the guidelines about cold selling being prohibited. This is not something I want, as it limits any level of my market and down-plays anything I`ve learned as a sales person for a telecom.
I was invited to a seminar today (while writing this), it`s on Friday. I`m going. Not to show support for my friend. Not to invest. Or to find inspiration!
I studied psychology - took an interest in behavior. It would be awesome to see psychopaths in real-life.
To throw it out there, this is my experience with the company. Simply stating my opinion - Some may make money off of this business model. "But if you`re not of that 1% at the top - then you`re the base of the model and your opinion does not matter."
That last line was a quote from the guy sell the dream.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- A con set up as a legal pyramid scheme to people who think they are making a diffence
- Preferred solution:
- Allow full transparency of the company
- Product or service
- Acn Employment
- Review category
- Financial Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "WFG is a complete joke. I myself have now as of yesterday been targeted to be recruited twice now. Both experiences were that of a greedy, uneducated individual with no..."
- "I lost my job and am black balled in the community so have been struggling to find a new job. My hubby is disabled and we have 5 kids together...."
- "I'm a former Primerica representative and I feel that it is necessary to clear my conscience and tell the world about the horrible experience I had in the company. ..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- "Cell coverage is terrible in my town south of Winnipeg, my recent experience with rogers was the worst yet. Spent hours dealing with multiple people just to upgrade my phone...."
- "Burnt cookies... Never had a problem before. ..."
- "I purchased an UP3 and about 3 months later, the band is already breaking. I emailed Jawbone support about the issue and wanted to understand why it would break so..."
- "This location in redford plymouth rd is very rude and inconsiderate and lied about showing up at my house and calling even lied on my neighbor saying my neighbor told..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."