2.5K views

Becoming an active Rep DOES NOT cost just $499.

Company leaders will soon be pounding on you to cough up $$ for other things - "if you are really serious about the business", and "if you want to create massive momentum". If you really do stick to the system, here are some of the "extras" you will hear about on "emergency conference calls", "co-founder all-Rep calls", etc:

You will have expenses for the quarterly Events Reps are STRONGLY urged to attend ($150 admission x 4 events = $600) , plus airfare/ travel ($250 avg x 4 events = $1,000) , plus 2 to 3 nights hotel ($ 100 min x 4 events = $400) , plus 2 - 3 days meal expense ($50+ per day x 2.5 days = $125). So, the expenses just for these events is: 600 + 1,000 + 400 + 125 = $2,125 minimum - per year.

On top of that, is the Business Assistant that Reps are also strongly urged to buy - at $39.99 per month - so another $480 is coming out of your pocket there.

We also need to add in the other expenses for local meetings ($5 to $10 for IBOs at Saturday training x 52 weeks = $260 to $520 + gas at $ ?).

And if you are really serious, you also pay for auto-shipped DVDs and magazines (another $70 per month minimum x 12 = $840).

There are other expenses for your home meetings and travel to local meetings, but we'll stop where we are, for now.

So the REAL math for you as someone who really does follow the system, and the urging of their leaders is:

$ 499 Rep Registration fee year one ($149 each additional year)

+ 2,125 event costs

+ 480 Bus Assist

+ 390 Sat Training averaged out

+ 840 DVD/ Mag pack auto-ship

----------------------------------------

= $ 4,334 + of your after-tax dollars to get started, and counting.... (a bit more than $499, isn't it ??!!)

Ironically, as your team gets bigger, unless they do really well, your additional expenses (going to their meetings, picking up the meal tab as their upline, etc) will most likely exceed the very small % you can earn in overrides. And if they do well, there's a good chance you will get blocked from bonuses as they get promoted. So, be prepared to keep forking over the bucks, and if you run out, I hear the leaders ask you to sell your TV, sofa, etc, so you have more to spend on the above items.

Had an Experience with Acn?

Comments

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #1119104

There are 6 people that did not agree with this post. If you disagree, and you don't have the backbone to support your own argument with facts, you have no credibility.

LOL.SO WAIT… YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT I CAN RIGHT ALL OF THIS OFF FOR MY TAXES..

AW THE PERKS OF OWNING YOUR OWN BUSINESS..

YOU FORGOT TO ADD IN THE GAS/TRAVEL EXPENSES WHICH IS ALSO A TAX RIGHT OFF..WIN WIN!

to BOSS Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #912062

If you meant "write" (not right), you clearly need to learn more about the tax code...If you actually do what you say, you will have a perk from the IRS if they audit you = back taxes, penalties, and a big fine...!!

This kind of advice can get other people in trouble as well. You actually can deduct SOME of the expense, however all that does is partially reduce your taxable income. The IRS also has per diem guidelines that limit what you can deduct for hotels and meals per day, and a fixed rate on what you can deduct for mileage. If you spend more than that amount, it is NOT deductible.

If you are in a 30% tax bracket, and it costs $1,000 to attend, that means YOU STILL END UP PAYING $700 out of your own pocket.

Same goes for all the other expenses.So, just for the four kool-aid shows each year alone, you get to spend $2,800 - what a great perk (NOT!!!).

to Anonymous San Francisco, California, United States #912133

Looks like Boss can't spell, or read (the original note did not forget gas and travel...).. Hope he is not leading a team - LOL !

to BOSS Miami Beach, Florida, United States #1093513

LOL - thanks for the bogus tip ***- LOL

to Anonymous Detroit, Michigan, United States #1094107

I don't really expect you to provide a reasonable answer, but I'll ask anyway...: what part of this is bogus (please provide numbers for us), and why is people losing money funny???

I think this article is conservative if anything. I know a bunch of people that are/ were in this company - very few made a profit and most of them quit because of it.

Seattle, Washington, United States #902650

I agree - I am getting pounded by my upline, and from Charlotte to listen to important conference calls on why I should take out my checkbook and pay to register and travel for the Phoenix meeting... It's ridiculous - it's somewhere between pushing and begging... If you have to do this for your own people to fill the seats, it is pathetic...!

Oh, I should have add that there are the unscrupulous idiots who are uneducated in the business (from my experience with my weight loss MLM business) and will do all sorts of unethical things. This happens everywhere.

This is very simple.I am now reviewing ACN and I constantly bump into many people like you who always think network marketing is a guaranteed lottery ticket.

The law of the universe is simple. If you don't do *** you don't get ***. I was a successful branch manager for a bank until I build a decent real estate business. In both cases, I spend thousands of dollars on training.

Don't forget you are paid for what you worth.My advice; Get up and get and remember it will be painful.

to Tony #897725

Did you mean built a decent real estate businesses?